International Health Insurance for Expatriates Living Worldwide
Review the Global Medical Insurance plan, the premier international health insurance for expatriate health care, long-term comprehensive coverage suits U.S. citizens living abroad or foreign expats living and working worldwide, administered by International Medical Group (IMG) and underwritten by Sirius Insurance.
Global Medical Insurance is a long-term comprehensive major medical insurance plan that provides international health insurance coverage for US citizens abroad or foreign nationals as expatriates living or working worldwide.
Global Medical Insurance offers an annually-renewable coverage option with a commitment to deliver world class health benefits, medical assistance and total peace of mind.
Global Medical Insurance features are suited as an expatriate health insurance plan providing up to $8,000,000 of maximum coverage benefit, and two coverage area options, worldwide or worldwide excluding the U.S. and Canada.
The Global Medical plan benefits expatriate individuals and families needing coverage for residing overseas, contract employees living and working abroad, and seniors with dual residencies six months or longer outside the United States.
Quote, apply & Buy Global Medical Insurance online, annual application, but accepts payment in single annual, semi-annual, quarterly or monthly options. IMG medical underwriting team processes the application for a fast and timely decision. The plan is also renewable on an annual coverage term basis for continuous coverage.
If you prefer not to apply online using the above quote/buy link, you can also print and complete paper application, mail/fax the Global Medical Insurance Application along with premium payment, calculate the quoted rates using the supplied rate table.
Global Medical Insurance is administered worldwide by International Medical Group (IMG), and the policy coverage is underwritten and issued by Sirius International Insurance Corporation, rated A (excellent) by A.M.Best and A- by Standard & Poor’s.
For detailed plan information, review the Global Medical Insurance Brochure for the summary of benefits table, or the Global Medical Insurance Certificate of Insurance sample document for plan description details and more information. Renew Global Medical Insurance or extend an existing active policy online prior to expiration date, Global Medical Insurance is extendable and renewable annually for continuous coverage.
Global Medical Insurance Highlights
- Four unique plan options – Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum – to fit your budget
- Optional riders: Global Term Life Insurance, Global Daily Indemnity, Maternity, Terrorism, Adventure Sports
- Choose your area of coverage (worldwide or worldwide excluding the U.S. and Canada)
- Select from choice of deductible options to lower premium costs
- Family premium covers first two children between 14 days and 9 years at no additional cost
- Choose from several payment modes – recurring monthly payment to single annual premium
- Offers essential health benefits such as maternity, pediatric care and mental health services
- Multiple underwriting options to fit your exact coverage needs and budget
- Freedom to choose your provider – doctor or hospital – to receive care
- Access to extensive provider PPO network and help locating providers worldwide
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and other evacuation benefits
- Medical Concierge Program from IMG for best enhance care and support
- Medical professionals available on call to coordinate your care
- 24 hour access to policy information and support from anywhere in the world
Global Medical Insurance Review
Review Global Medical Insurance (GMI) plan as detailed below:
- Eligibility: Age below 75 years, and a global resident or global travelers or an expatriate.
- Policy Maximum: Plan offers maximum coverage choices from $1,000,000 to $8,000,000 per individual for the life of the plan.
- Plan Deductible: Choice of $250 to $25,000 per annual period of coverage.
- Duration: Annual plan, but choose to pay monthly/quaterly/semi-annually/annual premiums.
- Pre-Existing Conditions: Acute onset of pre-existing condition coverage without any limitation is available with Platinum plan option. Please refer to the “Certificate of Insurance” document for plan exclusions of conditions that are not covered.
- Coverage Benefits: Covers Preventative Care, Physician Doctor office visits, Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Surgeon Fees, Emergency Room visits covered, Pre-admission tests and Diagnostics, X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs included. Please refer to the “Summary of Benefits” table available in the plan brochure for entire list of covered benefits.
- Administrator: Plan is administered by International Medical Group (IMG).
- Underwriter: Policy is underwritten by Sirius International Insurance Corporation, rated A “Excellent” by A.M. Best.
International Health Insurance
Global Health Insurance which is also referred to as international health insurance or worldwide medical insurance, are health plans providing long-term major medical coverage, no matter where you live around the world. Global health plan typically require medical underwriting to be accepted, these annual term medical policies are renewable, and usually offer comprehensive medical coverage the world over. Low cost versions of these plans with fixed benefits and coverage excluding USA and Canada are also available as essential and affordable value products.
People are increasingly becoming more and more globally mobile, with many individuals and/or families choosing to either to live, study or simply travel abroad for extended periods of time. Further, travel medical insurance does not always provide the coverage they need or expect in short term products that are designed to offer a value in terms of price. While travel medical insurance will usually return the visitors back to their home country to continue treatment once they are fit enough to make the journey back, global health plans will provide robust benefits to international citizens to get the care and treatment in any country that fall sick or become injured. International health insurance plans are designed to cover inpatient treatment check-ups including preventative care and annual physicals, allowing the sick or injured to continue receiving treatment for even chronic conditions abroad.
Expatriate Health Insurance
Expatriate health insurance are basically international medical insurance plans that are designed for expats living and working outside their homeland for longer duration. Health insurance for expatriates typically offer major medical coverage with comprehensive and portable benefits with higher maximums as standard features included in these plans. Expatriate medical insurance plans are ideally suited for expats who are living and/or working in China, USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, UK, Germany, France, Australia, UAE, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, India, or any nation abroad for a prolonged period of time. International medical insurance will usually allow you to choose where you have treatment, and these plans typically offer comprehensive coverage at a price to fit various budgets and coverage needs.