International Health Insurance for Marine Crew Worldwide
Review the Global Crew Medical Insurance (GCMI) plan, the premier international health insurance for marine crew members health care, long-term comprehensive coverage suits crew workers as U.S. citizens living abroad or foreign nations living and working worldwide, administered by International Medical Group (IMG) and underwritten by Sirius Insurance.
Global Crew Medical Insurance (GCMI) is a long-term comprehensive major medical insurance plan that provides international marine crew health insurance coverage for US citizens abroad or foreign nationals as crew members living or working worldwide.
Global Crew Medical Insurance offers an annually-renewable coverage option with a commitment to deliver world class health benefits, medical assistance and total peace of mind.
Global Crew Medical Insurance features are suited as an marine crew health insurance plan providing up to $8,000,000 of maximum coverage benefit, and two coverage area options, worldwide or worldwide excluding the U.S. and Canada.
The GCMI Marine Crew Health plan benefits for crew workers and families needing coverage for residing overseas, shipping companies or yachting organization employees living and sailing around the world, and marine crew workers with dual residencies six months or longer outside the United States.
Quote, apply & Buy Global Crew Medical Insurance online, annual application, but accepts payment in single annual, semi-annual, quarterly or monthly options. IMG medical underwriting team processes the application for a fast and timely decision. The GCMI plan is also renewable on an annual coverage term basis for continuous coverage.
If you prefer not to apply online using the above quote/buy link, you can also print and complete paper application, mail/fax the Global Crew Medical Insurance Application along with premium payment, calculate the quoted rates using the supplied rate table.
Global Crew Medical Insurance is administered worldwide by International Medical Group (IMG), and the policy coverage is underwritten and issued by Sirius International Insurance Corporation, rated A (excellent) by A.M. Best Company and A- by Standard & Poor’s.
For detailed plan information, review the Global Crew Medical Insurance Brochure for the summary of benefits table, or the Global Crew Medical Certificate of Insurance sample document for plan description details and more information. Renew Global Crew Medical Insurance or extend an existing active policy online prior to expiration date, Global Crew Medical Insurance is extendable and renewable annually for continuous coverage.
Global Crew Medical Insurance Highlights
- Four unique plan options – Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum – to fit your budget
- Optional riders: Global Term Life Insurance, Global Daily Indemnity, Maternity, Terrorism, Adventure Sports
- Choose your area of coverage (worldwide or worldwide excluding the U.S. and Canada)
- Select from choice of deductible options to lower premiums
- Family premium covers first two children between 14 days and 9 years at no additional cost
- Choose from several payment modes – monthly payment to single annual premium
- Offers essential health benefits such as maternity and pediatric care and mental health services
- Multiple underwriting options to fit your needs
- Freedom to choose your provider
- Access to extensive provider PPO network in USA, IPA Provider Access worldwide
- Emergency Medical Evacuation and other evacuation benefits
- Medical Concierge Program to enhance care
- Medical professionals to coordinate your care
- 24 hour access to information and support
Global Crew Medical Insurance Review
Review Global Crew Medical Insurance (GCMI) plan as detailed below:
- Eligibility: Age below 75 years, global crew members or international marine workers worldwide.
- Policy Maximum: Plan offers maximum coverage choices from $1,000,000 to $8,000,000 per individual for the life of the plan.
- Plan Deductible: Choice of $250 to $25,000 per annual period of coverage.
- Duration: Annual plan, but choose to pay monthly/quaterly/semi-annually/annual premiums.
- Pre-Existing Conditions: Acute onset of pre-existing condition coverage without any limitation is available with Platinum plan option. Please refer to the “Certificate of Insurance” document for plan exclusions of conditions that are not covered.
- Coverage Benefits: Covers Preventative Care, Physician Doctor office visits, Hospital Room and Board charges, Intensive Care unit charges, Local Ambulance, Surgeon Fees, Emergency Room visits covered, Pre-admission tests and Diagnostics, X-Rays, Labs, Prescription Drugs included. Please refer to the “Summary of Benefits” table available in the plan brochure for entire list of covered benefits.
- Administrator: Plan is administered by International Medical Group (IMG).
- Underwriter: Policy is underwritten by Sirius International Insurance Corporation, rated A “Excellent” by A.M. Best.
International Crew Health Insurance
Global Crew Medical Insurance plan, which is also referred to as Global Crew Health Insurance, is a long-term policy that is purchased for 1 year annual term. The GCMI plan offers comprehensive medical insurance for shipping industry workers and marine crew members worldwide, coverage that is annually renewable.
Global Crew Insurance plan allows you to choose from several policy options, customize your coverage with area of coverage, select from multiple deductible options, pick one of the modes of payment, and also add additional riders to enhance your policy offering. With your medical history in mind, the GCMI plan requires underwriting methods to purchase/extend medical coverage to you that may be declined by other companies.
Global Crew Insurance offers tools designed to keep you informed and many you coverage from any part of the world you are undertaking marine crew work.